Friday, September 23, 2005

Of braces and Teeth

I love my teeth, yes I do... for now.

I remembered last time when i was young, I had a very awkward sets of teeth. Just imagine yourself with a fine pair of vampire's canine... and cross with 2 gargantuan rabbit's teeth. So you guys should call me dhambit instead of the typical dhampir. (Dhampir is a hybrid of vampire and human.. thus it just sounds more cool instead of the typical Vampire)

The Dhambit sets of teeth is surely gonna dampen my self confidence. I can't even smile by baring my beautiful sets of teeth, that sure is very 'silau'. My parents notice how serious it looks, so in comes the best solution to straighten up the Dhambit's teeth : Braces.

To put the braces on, the orthodontist Dr Jagjit requires me to do one thing: EXTRACT 4 teeth; 1 canine from each corner!! It's one of the days when the time is moving so slowly, feeling the torment as the doctor keeps pricking here and there with the metal tools. Numbing the gums before injecting it, one by one, the teeth is pulled out, and of course a few drops of blood. The absence of the 4 teeth always makes your tongue unconsciously roll all over your mouth, and as it touches the empty brackets, jeez... they are gone!!

And so the day comes, the braces is gonna be assembled on my teeth!! I can't exactly remember how it feels, especially when your mouth is opened big and wide for 1 and half freaking hours. There's not much pain that i can assure you. But it sure feels uncomfortable with something extra in front of your teeth after the dentist's hardwork. You Can't Even Lick Your Teeth From the Front! I sure had problems restricting myself from rolling the tongue around. I can't feel my front part of the teeth anymore!! That everything happened in Form 2.

For 5 years I've been wearing the braces. Why so long? I have no idea, but i can conclude myself that my teeth is a stubborn lot and not coorperative at all. Which also implies to myself for not wearing the rubber bands as instructed by the dentist. And comes the good news and a bad news:

Good news:
I'm gonna have the lower brackets removed by next month! Which means i only need to wear a retainer after that, and not to mention my tongue gets to touch my front part of the teeth after such a long while!

Bad news:
Realised why i just said lower brackets? What about the upper ones? I forgot to ask Dr Jagjit on my last appointment. I suppose it's best to check yourself in front of the mirror. And so I did. And I saw something that's gonna delay the upper brackets to be removed...
THERE'S WISDOM TEETH GROWING ON MY GUMS!!

#%$!!%%#.. the wisdom teeth is sure smart enough to grow of all times but now!!! Without this growth i'll bet the whole braces is gonna be removed by next month! I know the wisdom teeth's gonna be removed, but we have to let them grow it all out before we can remove them. I think the dentist is sure having a hard time figuring out where would this teeth is gonna fit in my almost perfect formation??!

So people, do love your teeth. Don't follow my footsteps. It sure is torturous, uncomfortable, and you will miss lots of good food especially right after every appointment. So wear braces or not? You guys decide.

I love my teeth now! (except the wisdom ones)

No comments: