Monday, June 19, 2006

Hols Week 1

The first week of hols is always the outcome of one's lifestyle in upcoming holidays. I sincerely hope mine won't happen that way. At least enrich my life with more unexpected activities that turn me on and get me going. The further I stay away from my bed the better. Unfortunately at the moment it's just not working.

Well, most of the time was spent waking up when the sun rises right above on my head where the shadow is the shortest of all time... Getting married to the comp is not a bad idea cos I'm upholding the responsibility to be a commited husband. Urrghh.. Facing the comp one whole day, taking breaks in between. INILAH COMMITMENT my friends! 100% honesty. Learn from here lovebirds! >.<

Then there's World Cup fever. Everyone's going out to mamak stalls to catch the action on the big screen by means of projector. It's good business to the shops, which obviously brings in more profit than ever before. It's easy for those who suffer lack of customers to rectify the problem : Get a freaking projector. Then you will have customers dropping by, sit down and be part of the football community. Simple yet effective, small investment that brings big returns, now this is great marketing strategy.

Prior to the World Cup, most of my friends (no I wasn't involved) are betting through bookies. With hopes of small investment that brings in big returns, the plan seems to work very well especially for Hong Yang and Co. It all started very well, and things go according to plan.. Until the dreaded match between Ghana and Czech Republic. Being the favourites, everyone sided Czech, since they have convincingly demolished USA in the previous matches, and Ghana seems to be the weaker side as they have lost to Italy. But, fortune favors the bold, indeed Ghana fought bravely, and won deservingly. That promptly put a stop on our betting sessions. It's a good experience though for everyone around, as cries of joy erupt when the supported team emerged triumph after going through thick and thin. Their emotions are well expressed. Priceless.

Await for another episode of mine: PJ half marathon. I'm too tired to tell the tale now. KO first.

No comments: