Thursday, September 28, 2006

MPP Election

The annually held Undian MPP Baru (Majlis Perwakilan Pelajar) is back!! A great opportunity especially for those students who have the will to make Uniten a better place (which I doubt so), a dream Government-Private University to cater students of various race and religion, and even of different country to seek further knowledge and to fulfill their live's greatest quest :

The Degree!

Unfortunately for the nominees for the new MPP board, that they have to deal with a few non-voters, like me. A few missing votes may affect the outcome of the new MPP board, which might risk several deservingly nominees from being elected, and instead is being run by the "darker" side. Why didn't I vote some may question. I do have my own reasons, which might not be reasonable to some of you readers. But I do apologise should my personal point of view contradicts with yours.

For starters, the calon-calon MPP, they are idealistic. It's good you see, but there are some of their agendas are too... idealistic. So it's hard to trust their ideas, despite the fact that they make alot of elaboration on their agendas on the stage specially set up in the cafeteria for this annual event.

Speaking of voicing out their agendas, I loathe it. True, these nominees are the ones we will pick as our new MPP board based on the trust we put on them. But so far, the ones I've voted for thus far had not impress me!! This might be the reason why I have such prejudice on these nominees. The past ones, they talked alot, they impressed alot, they gained alot of people's trust... But, they didn't perform their job as promised! Sad case...

Malaysia is a democratic country. The people choose their leaders through voting. It's the same here. Would there be great leaders, then I shall cast my vote in support of him/her, so long as they bring in positive changes to Uniten. I rest my case.

But, it's not happening that way till now. The leaders elected in the past, as I said, they talked and promised alot, for the students, for everyone....

For example:

- No exams on weekends. Pooit! How can he/she dictate that! That's for the lecturers to decide! This is a monarchy issue!!
- 24 hours internet service. Yeah!! If the staff management can maintain a Non-Disconnection internet for one day, it would be a miracle! Can't even kaotim a 5pm-7am connection, if 24 hours?? mah cham!!
There are many others proposed by different nominees. Some are just too idealistic, and some are easy on the ears, but difficult to handle.

It's utter nonsense, absolutely no substance...

No comments: