Tuesday, November 08, 2005

a few turning points

Wat do you know... I speak of the term 'turning point' quite frequently to a few of my MSN pals when suddenly I am facing the same phase of my life as it meets the turning point. I could only let you guys know that my teenage life has hit a new phase as the slope of the graph becomes 0, where D square y over D x square has come up with a new equation, a negative sign in front.

Not a good sign, Wa Cakap Sama Lu

My grandfather (father's side if you guys are curious enough) has been admitted to hospital after suffering a severe heart attack. And yet I still have the urge to imagine those soap operas where the daughters were quarreling at one another for some usual nonsense shit and the father tries to calm them down but eventually pengsan due to a faint heart. And the daughters would panic and yell 'Papa!! Papa!! Lei yao sei mou?? Oh NO!!! He fainted!! HELP! HELP!" Kepala hotak diorang!!

Ok back to MY grandfather, which misses out the above dramatic scene... The arteri that's connected to his heart was blocked (partly caused by his smoking habits) and lacked the amount of enzyme which i've forgotten wat the hell is it... so an external pacemaker is attached to him so that his heart can continue to pump, mechanically. Sons, grandsons, grandsons-in-law, great grandsons... well most of them went to the hospital to pay him a visit. It's a scary walk in the Coronary Care Unit, just like in the tv shows, where the patients are lying helpless on their beds, their life hanging by a thread, almost ready to snap. Grandfather was sleeping peacefully as I entered the room. Calling him 'Ah Kong' did not wake him up. For some reason though i hope some miracle happen, that he would open his eyes and talk to me in Mandarin (He talks Mandarin to ME ONLY cos i suck at hokkien when I was a kid)

At the age of 90, many of us would think that maybe it's time that Ah Kong would leave this world. But maybe he still has some errands that's yet to be done, Ah Kong's condition improved yesterday! He could even wondered where the hell was he. Here's the conversation that my mum had with him as she worked over there:

Mum : How are you feeling now? Does your body still hurt?

Ah Kong : My body hurts all over... I wish I could sleep soon.

Mum : Dont' worry, just lie down quietly and you will sleep.

Ah Kong : No, I mean 'sleep'. The eternal peaceful sleep.

Goodness, I thought of laughing at this point. I thought Ah Kong had a good sense of humour but my mum just hush me up! Anyway I'm glad that he's in much better condition now.

So much so for having a few turning points, my health deteriorates as my head continues to spin at awkward moments. So I wouldn't drive much even if i'm given the chance.
Wednesday is a big day for me, where after 5 years of pain, suffering and torturing, i can finally say sayonara to the braces... lower part nia... oh well... the joy to lick my teeth from the front! ahh... i can barely wait!

Many more turning points are expecetd and yet to come though! Now my head spins again! Geez!

No comments: