Thursday, November 10, 2005

To the Heaven he goes

As of 9th November 2005, Gan Kok Yong a.k.a my grandpa has reached the higher level in life and leave this forsaken land full of pain and sorrow.

At 90, he should be considered quite a strong man to live on this planet, experiencing various life and facing some difficulties... including the escapade from the communist in Malaya Lands during WW2 and playing chinese chess with one of my cousins, also speaking Mandarine to ME ONLY! :p Ironically smoking is not the factor that took his life away. So does smoking really kills? hrrrm~~~

The mourning will last for 4 days. An odd number, since the number 4 is considered nombor tarak bagus according to the Chinese. But the Buddhist tua-tao says on Saturday is an auspicious day. Since we are 4 days away from Saturday (the burial day), therefore this time is different case; number 4 is our GOOD number. Weird...

I will be at Ah Kong's house till the burial day. No plans for me this week. I'm a good grandson! :p

2 comments:

ian said...

aw, man. I didn't know till now. So sorry man. take care.

Esther said...

my condolence to you and your family. take care