Monday, May 28, 2007

Paint balls

Now I understand how susah our Malayan soldiers have defended for the country, people and Rubber Trees from the Japanese invasion during World War 2.

Scale down the number of soldiers involved on both sides, the amount of ammunition and the size of the battlefield...

Maintain the adrenaline rush in each faction, guerilla warfare action....

Plus a few neutrals known as Marshalls who just seem to know who's been hit and who's not even though they are standing nowhere near the victim at all!

Welcome to the world of Paintball!!

Joining Fang Chin, Mao, Quek and their Nottingham colleagues in this testosterone-driven sport, it sure has proven to be one of the most entertaining moments in my life!

Hearing the CO2 compressed guns release pellets after pellets, while hitting the trees or nothing most of the time seems comforting, having the pellets hitting the barricade right where you are hiding is indeed, nerve wrecking. Mind you, these mini pellets are deadly fast and aren't pleasing on the eyes, as it causes blindness according to the Marshall on duty. I believed him of course!

The familiar commands a la Counterstrike can be heard from both factions. "Cover me!" no doubt is the most used phrase and "Chiong ah!!!" being the most misleading commands in both sides. Resulting unwanted 'deaths' and reducing the number of players on the battlefield in no time. No thanks to Quek (useless teammate ><), who revealed my position with a champion yell "Ah Shin good ah!!" as I made my way towards the flag in "Capture the Flag" scenario, thus drawing fire from the whole opposite faction. With no one prepared to cover my back as I run for cover and I'm visible to the oppositions' pleasing eyes with a striking yellow shirt, I don't stand a chance. Dead meat.

Not surprising, most of the soldiers 'lived on' with a scar so he/she has a grand story to tell to his descendants... (Pic can be found on Fang Chin's blog, malas buat link... sendiri cari!)

It sure is one great sport worth enjoying again, though paying RM 51 for it sure is a pain for the wallet...

No comments: