Tuesday, August 02, 2005

numero uno

i'm one week outdated!! and so do you for those who keep visiting my blog for the glipse of latest updates.. my apologies... uni life has never been this hectic... even though i've said this alot times in my previous blog.. but this is one hell of a week!!

so being the one who always ponders things in mind without really discussing it openly with others... here's something which i've pondered for a long time... and hence the title blog...

number one... uno.... satu... yi... une... yitchi (pardon my spelling... i speak basic japs.. but not spell it)... the first day of everything... 1st of january... the beginning of everything... who woulnd't look forward to see the new day? where everything is reset to the very first number..?

it's oso the first number we all learn when we are in standard 1.. like duh... almost eveyrthing's associated with the number itself... the first fella on the name list to appear in front of teacher's very eyes... the first fella to be called upon whenever attendance is taken... sometimes the first to be called out to solve problems on the board....

or being the 1st in class after obtaining such good grades amongst fellow students? where rating counts in classes? and getting promoted to the best class next year...? we all do know.. the best = No. 1... almost everything refers to this number... value...

1


so wat's this number 1 actually mean?

the same question that's been bothering me for quite some time. Looking back during my primary years... i'm constantly dreaming of getting the no. 1 spot in my class... there's nothing better than proving my parents that i can be the best among others... but nature has its own ways... I'm not the kind to be the no.1 type of fella... no ownage in class allowed... -.-"

as time passes by, the feeling of topping other students became less meaningful to me...of course i'm happy if i get no 1... but somehow i just no longer feel the urge to be on top... it no longer become a part of my human nature's instinct... where kiasuism rules within the human race (mostly)

I just want to be a moderate fella... with certain achievements that most people are capable of obtaining too... getting fair grades which is enough for me to pursuit my career and avoid myself being branded as JOBLESS...

perhaps i'm being too stressed these days... and i know this is the final year my age indicator will show the front digit 1... and a year and 9 years after that it's all 2 in front... talk bout aging! i'm getting old!!!!! T_T

one day i will get to hear this :

*hello there shin! i would like you to meet my new friend... meet number 2!*

nice... a new buddy to accompany me...


No comments: