Monday, March 12, 2007

Just a thought...

I'm now 21 years old. As would be for those who's born on the year 1986. 21 is the prime time where a teenager has finally turned into an adult. No more 'teen' suffix in our age, it's the numbers themselves we are calling now.

To us, being 21 is like finally broken free from lots of restriction, especially when it comes to our own freedom and decision-making matter. We were always prohibited by our parents to go out till the wee hours, we were always restricted by our own parents to do those things that we just feel like doing, without considering the pros and cons of our own actions. We just want to do it that's all!

We don't care what parents say about getting caught in cybercafe whilst we frequent the place like almost everyday. We don't care about having supper at night when the prospect of getting robbed / raped <--- refers to zhar bo's! is higher than in broad daylight.

We just don't care, we ignore their warnings, and at the same time we want to look at how our parents get angry especially when things do get wrong.

See what raging hormones can do to us while we are in our teenage years...

Now when I think back, I have finally realise what they are trying to say to us. The current society is in such a pathetic state that there's no safe place for everyone to tread about. Yum char session has become a calculated risk to some faction, while others still brave themselves out (like me), ikut nasiblah.. kalau kena.. kenalah. I just wanna meet up with old pals as well as to gain that extra fat!

At the same time, the feeling of fear is there inside of me. Fear of getting myself hurt, fear of losing people that I cared and loved most, that's where I begin to consider everyone's feelings apart from my own. What would my parents feel if they see me got involved in a hit-and-run robbery? Or anything that's bad enough to have everyone worried. Oh it doesn't have to be on me, but what of the other people?? You dont' wanna lose them dont' you??

Unless you are a self-centered person who doesn't give a shit to people around you...

Despite all the shit I've come up with, I guess I'm still stuck in my family as the youngest. No matter how old you are, you would always be the youngest in the family. My parents would always consider me as their little boy.

I acknowledge that, cos I still have so much yet to learn from them...

No comments: